- The goal for this weekend is to get 1,000 words down on my WIP. That might seem low, but the calendar is packed and I NEED to get some writing time in.
- I'm thinking I need a new writing space. I've been thinking this for awhile. Maybe a new writing table, new rug, and a chair that doesn't pitch me forward when I shift in my seat. It's cluttered in here, and it's making my thoughts cluttered. Or maybe this is just another procrastination tool surfacing. I have LOTS of those.
- I have three books going at the moment: PRINCESS FOR HIRE, by Lindsey Leavitt, THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH, by Carrie Ryan, and ROSE MADDER, by Stephen King. I picked up King's book at the library the other day even though I'm nowhere near finished with the other two. I haven't read him since I was a teen (the last book I remember reading was the clown one - can't remember that title). I went in looking for a YA book on my TBR list, and came across a shelf of his books. Nostalgia got the best of me, and I checked one out.
- Speaking of procrastination tools, the garden is out of control even though we haven’t had a soaking rain in weeks. Must weed soon or I won't be able to find the zucchini and cucumbers beneath the blanket of morning glories.
- I need to find a pottery class. My main character in the WIP takes a pottery class at her high school, and I know NOTHING about it. It's an important part of the story, an integral part of her character, so I'll have to delve a little deeper instead of just mentioning 'so-and-so makes bowls in Intro to Pottery class'. This will be a good excuse to get really dirty and play with fire. My boys will be proud.