Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Five

  1. My son and I volunteer at the local Humane Society. We clean cages, walk the dogs, and give as much attention to them as we can before they go to their 'forever homes'. When we stopped by this week, my son pointed out a flyer on the bulletin board. It was a call for 2-3 volunteers to each take a dog to the minor league ballpark in town for an outreach event. "Baseball and dogs, my two favorite things," he said. Guess what we'll be doing next week?
  2. In a few days, SCBWI-IL will announce the editor/agent line-up for Prairie Writer's Day in November. Can't wait to see who will be at this fabulous day-long event! Our chapter always outdoes themselves in planning this conference.  
  3. I'm tired of the heat and ready for fall.
  4. Last night, I bought ten pounds of blueberries at the store. The deal was too good to pass up, though I'll have trouble fitting them into the freezer. They'll last all winter long. Sucking on frozen blueberries helps with writer's block, too. But maybe that's just me.
  5. Come Monday morning, I'll be fast-drafting. I'm ready!

10 comments:

  1. 1. I love dogs! My first picture book features a dog. There's never been a time in my life when I didn't own one.
    2. I love regional conferences. They're always great.
    3. Fall is my favorite season. The weather is perfect.
    4. I like blueberry muffins but that's about it.
    5. I'm revising right now but drafting is so much fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I have two dogs that drive me CRAZY every day, but I couldn't live without them.
    2. I've never been to a writers conference, but I hope to someday.
    3. I'm still enjoying summer, it'll be over all too soon.
    4. Blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, blueberry pie. . . I've got a freezer full too!
    5. I'm preplotting right now - something I've never done before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those blueberries sound wonderful.

    But I'll take summer for a while yet. It took too long to get here to give it up already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly: I've never been without a dog either. I can't imagine not having one. Good luck with your revisions.
    inluvwithwords: You should definitely find a conference! When I went to my first SCBWI event in 2001, I couldn't sleep the first night. It was so exciting to be among so many writers!
    Marcia: You're right, it did take a long time to get here. I'm such a baby in the heat, though.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got some blueberries to suck on right now. Thanks for reminding me. On my way to SCBWI LA Conf in six days ^_^ You can send your heat back this way. Summer only started yesterday here! And have fun with the dogs and the fast-draft!

    BTW, if you get on Twitter, let me know. I volunteer to be your first follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried blueberries to blast through writer's block. Maybe I should try that once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for rescue dogs and blueberries! Both of my dogs are rescues and I have a hankering for my blueberry pie recipe. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I love blueberry pie. And rescue animals.

    You RaWk! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angelina, I'll keep you in mind if I decide to show up on Twitter - thanks! And have a blast in LA!
    C.R.: We have a rescue dog, too! He's a crazy Labradoodle (who also happens to like frozen blueberries).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baseball and dogs is a fantastic combination! You'll have to report back and let us know how it went. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna, I will definitely do that. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...