Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Five

  1. I'm beta-reading a fantastic manuscript by author-friend G.P. Ching. If it's anything like her first novel, The Soulkeepers, her fans are in for another treat when this one is released!
  2. Also reading A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. I love this story for the richness of its characters.
  3. I can feel fall coming, especially since there's a crispness in the air at night. However, I am NOT liking how the fat-bodied orb weavers spin their webs around the house when the sun goes down and I have to duck-walk under them to take the dog out.
  4. Polishing the first ten pages of a manuscript to send in when I register for Prairie Writer's Day in two weeks. 
  5. A BIG thank you to Ruth at Out on a Limb, Shy Writer Goes Social for presenting Here's the Story with its first award! Here it is:
                                                                      Have a great weekend, everyone!
                                                                                                       Dawn

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes on the polishing, Dawn. Fall is in the air here, too, which is scaring most of us because summer didn't start until the first of August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ducking under the webs on the porch is better than walking through them inside. I was cleaning house for a friend today and kept reaching through webs I couldn't see. Gave me the willys.

    I'm not ready for fall either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...