Friday, August 26, 2011

A Week of Firsts - the Friday Five (+ 1 More)

  1. I'm on the campaign trail this week, thanks to Rachael Harrie's Platform-Building Campaign. This is the first blog-related networking activity I've participated in, and I'm having a blast! I've met so many creative, inspiring people this week by visiting blogs. What a fantastic opportunity to network and make friends. Thank you, Rachael!
  2. The kids' first day of school was Tuesday. They left loaded down with binders, calculators, mechanical pencils and happy anticipation for seeing their friends again everyday. Back to uninterrupted writing time for me!
  3. Lost a few days worth of work on my cannibalizing flash drive. I know, I know, I shouldn't be working directly on it, but my laptop is on its last breath. I thought I was *safe*. Lesson learned. 
  4. I replaced the duct work to our dryer this week ALL BY MYSELF! Maybe I've missed my calling. Next up...replacing the bathroom faucet. Girl Power!!!
  5. What I'm loving at the moment? Freshly-baked blueberry coffee cake. Life is good.
     Oh, yeah...5 days left on my first-ever contest for Heather Seller's Chapter After Chapter. It's one of my favorite writing books. Anyone who leaves a comment and/or follows me gets your name in the drawing. I'll announce the winner next Thursday. 
                                                             Have a great weekend, everyone!
                                                                                           Dawn

    25 comments:

    1. Hey Dawn, congrats on all those firsts! I'm here thanks to the campaign, really enjoying meeting so many fellow writers. And yeah, nothing like a coffee cake to make you really appreciate living, right?

      ReplyDelete
    2. The campaign has been great, hasn't it? :D

      ReplyDelete
    3. Neat - I like the list! This is my first campaign, too, and it's nice to meet fellow first-timers. Also, you ROCK for replacing the duct-work yourself! Girl Power, indeed!

      Mmmmmm.... blueberry coffee cake.....

      ReplyDelete
    4. @ Gail: Thanks for stopping by and for the follow.

      @ Vernieda: Yes, it has. We're part of such a great community, aren't we?

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thanks for mentioning the platform campaign. I'll definitely check it out. You've had quite a week!

      ReplyDelete
    6. The Campaign is fun, isn't it? Sorry about the computer trouble. Big empathy from me. Could you toss me a piece of that blueberry coffee cake?

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hello from a fellow campaigner and new follower! It's great to have it be back to school time, isn't it? And I am impressed with your handy work with the dryer. I want to be entered into your drawing! I will will have to find that post :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. @ Anne - You're welcome! Have fun with it.

      @ Abby - You're in! Thanks for the follow!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I always back my stuff up 3-4 places, just because I've had so many computer crashes.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I'm a fellow Campaigner & glad to be here...I'm VERY impressed that you replaced the duct work yourself...I just paid my handyman $200 to do it for me; perhaps I should have more faith in my own abilities - congrats to you!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hey, Dawn! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog and for becoming a Follower! It's great to meet you, especially as a fellow children's book writer! I'm bookmarking your blog and will come back again soon!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Fellow campaigner just stopping by to say "hello." I look forward to reading your blog and finding out more. Now following...:)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Hi Dawn,

      I just baked two loaves of banana bread, but now I really want coffe cake =(

      ReplyDelete
    14. @ Chris: I'm backed up to the MAX today! Never again...
      @Heather, Laura, and Jenny: Thanks so much for stopping by! It's nice to meet you.
      @inluvwithwords: Well, now I want banana bread!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Um, do you have any blueberry coffee cake left? Yum! My daughter and I are baking cookies after her nap today. I'm dreading my daughter's first day of school. She's starting pre-K.

      ReplyDelete
    16. @khashway: Aww, hugs to you. She'll have a great time, so take comfort in that. It's always harder on Mom than on the kids.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Hi Dawn, I, too, am having a blast with the Campaign. It's a remarkable opportunity, isn't it? But why do I suddenly have a craving for blueberry coffee cake?

      ReplyDelete
    18. Hi Katie - welcome & thanks for the follow! I wish I could share this blueberry cake with everyone, but I'm afraid virtual coffee cake just isn't the same.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Hi Dawn. New follower and fellow campaigner :) So nice to meet you!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Nice to meet you, too, Ms. Saba. Thank you for stopping by and following me!

      ReplyDelete
    21. Hi, Dawn! Yet another fellow campaigner popping in to say hello... *picks up a couple of stray virtual coffee cake crumbs* *mmm*

      I'm looking forward to getting to know you -- this campaign is going to be such an amazing opportunity!

      ReplyDelete
    22. Hi Dawn - I'm in your campaign group for contemporary fiction - and a fellow Illinoisian! Great meeting you. Oh, and I have some leaky pipes under my sink...can you fix them up :)

      ReplyDelete
    23. @Phil: Actually, plumbing problems are next on my list to conquer! Nice to meet you, too! Thanks for stopping by.

      ReplyDelete
    24. Hi Dawn,
      I am in your campaign group (Literary Fiction). Just dropping in to say 'hi' and to say that I am now following you! Look forward to getting to know you better.

      ReplyDelete
    25. Just popping in to say hello to a fellow campaigner! Look forward to reading more of your blog!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...