Saturday, September 10, 2011

Revisions, Raspberries and the Rest of my Friday Five

You know you want some!
  1. The WIP is on hold while I make edits on a previous manuscript at the suggestion of my agent. I'm excited that I get to work on it again and make it even better. Author James Thurber's words come to mind: "I am not a writer. I am a rewriter." 
  2.  Here's the Story received an award this week from Jennifer at http://ofthebirchwood.blogspot.com. I would display it, but in my computer-savvyless existence, I can't figure out how. Still working on it.
  3. I'm looking forward to making Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook this weekend since raspberries are on sale at the local store. If you can't imagine what heaven tastes like on the tip of your tongue, you have to try this dessert
  4. The book that my daughter is reading this week made her visibly jump during a particular scene. I NEED to know how to write to that effect! Find out which book it was next week...
  5. And finally, a somber experience today at Illinois State University: walking among 3000+ mini American flags that dotted the campus's quad.
                                  Have a nice weekend, everyone. See you next week!
                                                                                    Dawn      

          12 comments:

          1. Raspberry cheesecake sounds yummy :) Stopping by via the campaign!

            ReplyDelete
          2. You've got me intrigued with the book :-)

            ReplyDelete
          3. Welcome, Damyanti. Thanks for stopping by!

            ReplyDelete
          4. Oh, I want to know what book that was! Good luck with the revisions, Dawn.

            ReplyDelete
          5. Those brownies sound awesome! I can't wait to make them.

            I also nominated you as one of my picks for an award! http://alynzasmith.blogspot.com/2011/09/award-time-again.html

            ReplyDelete
          6. @ Ruth: Thanks, Ruth. I'll blog about the book either Monday or Tuesday!
            @ Alynza: Thanks for the award and for stopping by!

            ReplyDelete
          7. Ooh, can't wait to hear more about that book. Best of luck with the edits, and OMG that picture is making me hungry!! Lol...

            ReplyDelete
          8. Oooh...that raspberry brownie looks delicious! I'd love to hear more about that book...especially that scene! And congrats on your award!

            Carla

            ReplyDelete
          9. Crystal and Carla, I'll blog about the book tomorrow if time permits.

            ReplyDelete
          10. Hi Dawn! It's really nice to meet you. I'm a fellow contemporary campaigner. If you figure out #4, let me know.

            ReplyDelete
          11. Hi Shari - Thanks for the follow!I'll be blogging about #4 later on tonight.

            ReplyDelete
          12. You are right - I totally want some raspberry cheesecake brownies!

            ReplyDelete

          Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...