Anyway, I had an agenda this past Monday -- I was supposed to finish a rough draft of a non-fiction picture book which I've wanted to write for awhile. My intention was to have this draft done so it could 'stew' during November while I took part in NaNoWriMo. Ideally, I'd like to take it to a January workshop for some feedback. Well, it didn't happen. Instead, I found myself:
- Cleaning out my writing files. I found a lot of article clips for story ideas that I'd forgotten about. Also came across many form rejection letters. I'm not sure why I decided to keep them. There's nothing useful in them, so they went into the recycling bin.
- Dusting the bookshelves. The 'Dust Me' message from my daughter had collected a new layer of dust! Not a good sign...
- Started to categorize and ALPHABETIZE the bookshelves. Okay, this is really pathetic. I realized this after I got through the chapter books and was working on the middle grades so I stopped. It's not a bad idea in theory, but still.
- Going through my recipe box and cookbooks for Christmas cookie recipes.
- Making suggested changes to a MG manuscript so it can go out on submission.
Do you procrastinate? How do you stay focused? And by the way, if you have a really great holiday cookie recipe, send it along!