- I want this! Yes, it's a bookshelf that hides a secret room! Very Clue-ish, don't you think (was it Colonel Mustard with the candlestick behind the moving bookshelf)?
- Speaking of bookshelves, I have three new additions for the shelves: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor (currently reading - awesome!); Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (read it already but I left my copy at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and wanted it in hardcover); and Johnson's sequel, The Last Little Blue Envelope. Christmas break was spent reading while lounging on various chairs and couches around the house in pajamas, thanks to a few Barnes & Noble gift cards.
- My new favorite candy? Cafe Britte's Coffee Candy Chews!
- One writing goal I made for the New Year is to maintain a daily word count: 750 words/6 days a week. I can do it!
- On the desk for Monday morning: charting the MG novel's plot and writing a new chapter while it's fresh on my mind. Mood: Hopeful!
Friday, January 6, 2012
Bits of Writing Randomness: a Friday Five
Six days into the New Year, I've sent off a manuscript to my critique group for next week's non-fiction workshop with Candace Fleming; finished reading through a MG manuscript and made extensive notes on what needs fixin'; and caught up on blog reading, desk organizing, and undecking the halls from Christmas. Here's what else I've been thinking about: