Thursday, March 29, 2012

Amtrak, Books & Canyons: ABCs of a Week on the Road

     Last time I checked in here, I was prepping for a trip. Well, I'm still gone and will return in time to post on the first day of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. As you can see from the title, I'm getting into ABC mode. I'm so looking forward to blogging everyday, and am anxious to see what so many of the participants have planned for their own blogs.
Angel Canyon, near Kanab, Utah
    My week has been filled with adventures (there's a hint for my first blog post on Sunday): riding the Southwest Chief to Flagstaff (a 29-hour train ride!), loading up on books at a local store before the peaceful drive up to Utah by myself, and finally arriving at the animal sanctuary where I've been the last few days. I have enough material to keep me writing for years.
    As I ready posts for the Challenge, I've gone back and forth on whether I need a theme. As a writer, I hope to focus on something writing-related each day. However, after being at this sanctuary and experiencing the tireless efforts of the staff and volunteers who give their time and talents to animal welfare, I'll also be writing a little about my stay at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
     If you'll be visiting Here's the Story in April, I hope you'll enjoy the stories. After this week, I have many. See you on Sunday!
   
   

9 comments:

  1. lovely picture! have a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a wonderful trip. I'm impressed with everyone who's joining the challenge; I'm not sure I could commit to blogging every day! I'll enjoy reading others, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Marcia. It's aptly named a challenge because it definitely will be for me.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your posts, Dawn, and hearing more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Ruth! We just got home so have to hurry up and post before the day is done!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to hear those stories. Good luck, and see you on the A-Z trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! Looking forward to reading your posts!

      Delete
  5. You sound like you're having a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing all about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have plenty of stories, Sarah! Doubtful that I can fit them all into the A to Z framework, though. THAT will be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...