Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for ADVENTURE


During April, I’m blogging daily as a participant of the Blogging from A to Z in April Challenge (with time off on Sundays). Stay a minute. Read. Tell me what you think. Thanks for stopping by.
    Having hopped off Amtrak this afternoon, fresh from an adventure to the Southwest, I’m ready to embark on another. Starting today, I’m hoping to blog everyday during the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. 
     Isn’t writing all about adventure? I often start a new story, not knowing exactly where I’m going, trusting the process of getting it down first. Writing is reliving our experiences and seeing them in a different light. It’s about gathering all the people we’ve met into one big soup pot of characteristics - the physical, emotional, socio-economic, behavioral, etc. - and letting our imaginations build characters to tell our stories.
     Starting a new project is a wonderfully mysterious and exciting journey, one that fills me simultaneously with trepidation and anticipation. Looking forward to the blog challenge has had the same effect. Since beginning this blog last July, the number of times I’ve blogged in a month, at the most, has been eight times. Balancing manuscript writing with blog writing is a tightrope act, so upping the blog post output this month will definitely affect my other projects. I haven’t written the Challenge posts ahead of time, but I’ve tied as many loose ends together in the past few weeks as possible. Adventure doesn’t necessarily mean spontaniety, only that I be open to new experiences. 
     From J.R.R. Tolkien: "Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Looking forward to an adventurous April!

5 comments:

  1. Here's to a great adventure for all of us!

    Beth Stilborn
    http://www.bethstilborn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're looking forward to it with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenge, Dawn! Love the Tolkien quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like we have a similar writing style. I never know where I'm going when I first start writing a story. I just write. :)
    Looking forward to your A-Z posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were doing the A to Z thing - I've got a lot of reading to do!! Great quote!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...