Saturday, April 21, 2012

S is for SUCCESS

     I'm reading a book now called, Back Roads, Dead Cats, and What's for Dinner (that title alone wins the  intriguingly quirky award) by Jodi Marie Johnson. It's a funny memoir about the writer and six generations of her Southwestern family, full of grand misadventures, pictures, and recipes.
    One recipe stood out to me as I finished a chapter this week. It didn't include any actual food ingredients, but the recipe seemed just as nourishing. It was the recipe for Happiness, but for the sake of our A to Z Challenge, I'm substituting the word 'SUCCESS' for 'happiness' since, in my mind, the two words can be synonymous. Here it is:
      SUCCESS
'One part someone to love;
One part something meaningful to do;
One part something to look forward to.
     Mix gently together and spice with laughter and gratitude, forgiveness and kindness. Temper it with a generous portion of time spent in nature and love of yourself. Share a little with everyone you meet.'

7 comments:

  1. That's a great "recipe" and hilarious book title

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a perfect recipe! And the author of the book seemed rather creative with the title of the book, very funny!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I agree,the Outer Banks does have some great beaches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest of the book lives up to the funny title, too!

      Delete
  3. That book sounds fun! I shouldn't tell this, but my sister and her husband live on a farm in the Florida wilderness and my niece hit a deer on the road leading to the property. They had it butchered and put in the freezer. I balked at eating deer chili, but did it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that happens quite a bit in the rural areas, Lynn. Instead of letting the meat go to waste, people who have the means to dispose of the deer in that way, use it themselves or give it away.

      Delete
  4. That is so sweet! Yes, we do need others to share things with and things to look forward to.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...