Thursday, May 3, 2012

Catching Up

     Now that I don't have to tie my post to the Letter of the Day like I did during the April Challenge, I feel a little, um...discombobulated (great word, yet I don't think I've ever used it until now). Yep, I've been thrown into a state of confusion without a theme to follow, but there are a few things I need to say:
Photo credit: DragonArtz Designs
     First, I'd like to say THANK YOU again to Lisa Campbell at All Things Campbell for my gorgeous blog makeover! I met Lisa through the A to Z Challenge and am so glad I did! Lisa had great design advice, which I needed desperately. Now Here's the Story has a nice clean look, and I love how Lisa used my monarch on the zinnia photo and incorporated that into the header. Sharp, eh? Where else have you seen a blue monarch?
     Also, I'm participating in a blog hop celebrating Children's Book Week starting Monday. The Children's Book Week Giveaway Hop has over 100 blogs signed up to offer free books and gift cards. Starting bright and early Monday morning, I'll give you the details for entering to win a picture book, middle grade, or young adult book of your choice. Then visit other blogs for chances to win more books! If you'd like a sneak peak at who else is participating, click on the badge at the right.
     Have a great weekend, everyone! See you Monday morning!

10 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to add that my daughter and I love the butterfly! We collect butterfly things. :)

      Delete
  2. Odd how you're lost without a theme. I didn't start the A-Z because it would tie me down for too long. :)

    I'm sure you'll find plenty to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my fear, too, but I managed. Next year I think it will help a great deal if I prepare some ahead of time.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dawn, your blog is beautiful! I know, I felt kind of weird when the challenge was over with too, but I do enjoy having the pressure off and getting back to normal. This was my second year, so I had time to plan and do things ahead of time. Everything was ready to go except for my little silly stories, and it was neat to wake up and write them on the spur of the moment.

    I'm so happy to have met you through A-Z.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look! Very pretty! I wish I could figure out how to put my goodreads favorites on my sidebar...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing a blog hop too for NCBW! What an exciting week. THanks for stopping by my blog last week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...