Monday, May 7, 2012

Challenge Revisited

    It was a huge milestone completing the 2012 Blogging from A to Z in April Challenge. To be honest, I wasn't sure I could stick with it in the beginning. I hadn't prepared any posts beforehand, hadn't filled in half the spaces after each letter I'd written in a spiral-bound notebook. Without even a theme to follow, I titled my first April post 'Adventure' not knowing where I was going or how I was going to get there. I could have used the writing map that I blogged about mid-month. But I winged it, right up until the end.   
    WHAT I LOVED: Meeting people with similar interests (dogs, quilting, the Southwest!); looking for artsy letters to add to my post; waking up to find I had a few new followers; the inspirational posts from the Challenge hosts; and comments that made me laugh.
    WHAT I WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED: Letter 'X' (my most half-hearted, ho-hum post); scrambling to post something before the day passed; and not being able to work on my WIP as much as I would have liked.
     A SUGGESTION FOR THE 2013 CHALLENGE: I'd really like to see the blogs categorized somehow so I could easily find people with similar interests. I loved visiting a variety of blogs, and would continue to do so, but subdividing them somehow would be ideal.
     Overall, the Challenge was wildly fun. Thanks to the Challenge hosts for keeping the month exciting, refreshing, and inspirational. And thanks to you, readers, for stopping to hang out for awhile, leave your thoughts, and give me a bit of your time.
     See you around!

   

19 comments:

  1. Great thoughts. The A-Z challenge was fun, but I agree that works in progresses seemed to suffer. Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I think planning ahead with the posts would help. Definitely trying that next year.

      Delete
  2. I agree--WIPs did suffer, but I enjoyed meeting new people. :)

    Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so glad I found you through the Challenge, Dana!

      Delete
  3. the letter X was the hardest by far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't participate, but I'm glad you had fun. That's the most important thing--besides getting to know your fellow writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Maybe you'll be ready for it next year?!

      Delete
  5. Dawn, I'm so happy that I met you through A-Z.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree about categories on the next A-Z challenge. So far the reflections posts that I have read are 60% or more for it! I look forward to following you in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even imagine posting every day for a month. That is quite an accomplishment. Glad to hear it was such a positive experience for you and so many others.

    p.s. Love the new look of your blog, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I signed up before I really thought it through, and then realized, 'Wait a minute. Did I really just do that?"
      Thanks, Ruth!

      Delete
  8. Congratulation on finishing the challenge. I didn't visit all blogs during the challenge but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with reflections post!

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. That number is a little more manageable! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  9. Reflection is a good thing, You have done a great job on the A to Z Challenge...
    Hopefully you were able to use one of my banners/badges for the Challenge, had as much fun designing them as seeing them around the blog world.

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    My New Book:
    Retro-Zombie: Art and Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeremy! And thanks for the great-looking badge!

      Delete
  10. Same for me - I'd like to see categorization :)
    Congratulations on surviving the Challenge! I also like meeting new people... so nice to meet you!


    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great thoughts. I enjoy reading about your experience.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on finishing the challenge. It was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to doing it again in 2013.

    http://dpfinnie.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...