Friday, June 29, 2012

Looking on the Bright Side: A Friday Five

     The oppressive heat and Colorado fires this week have me feeling down, low on energy and anxious for the people affected out west. The temperature reading in my car this afternoon read 108 degrees (I'm in southern Illinois today)! If it weren't for a much-needed vacation in a few weeks, to a much cooler climate no less (see photo), I'm afraid I'd find myself wishing this summer away.
Northwoods, here I come! (photo courtesy kidscantravel.com)
     Still, there's plenty to be thankful for this week, writing-wise and everyday life-wise:
  1. I had a great conversation with my agent yesterday about the direction of revisions for my MG. I'm excited to get back to this and hope this version will be stronger in the end. It's a major rework, but I'm pretty confident. I think know I can...I know I can...I know I can...   
  2. I received word that my non-fiction article about an awesome group of conservation-minded kids is under consideration. More details to come if it sells.
  3. I'm finishing up The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. A fantastic book! If you're not familiar with the premise, the MC's town has been infected with a germ which allows every person to hear the 'Noise', or thoughts, of everyone else. Tricky writing to pull off technique-wise but Ness, of course, is a master. 
  4. Yesterday was a potentially expensive day. The day started with an appointment to get the vibrating steering wheel of our car fixed, followed by a trip to Verizon Wireless for a broken cell phone. Turns out the dealership was at fault for the steering wheel problem and the cell phone was replaced for free. LOVE when that happens!
  5. This blog's birthday is coming up in July. It's hard to believe I've been at this a year already. Stay tuned for the Blog Birthday Giveaway news next week.

6 comments:

  1. Except for the heat, it sounds like you had a pretty good week. :)

    Good luck with your revisions. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, The continual heat can really be oppressive. Glad you have a vacation in the works and cooler days are in sight. I'm embarking on major revisions after talking with my agent as well. It's a bit daunting, but I'm excited at the same time. Good luck with yours, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is daunting! When I'm not revising 'the big picture' anymore, when it's only the tweaking that needs to be done, THEN I will much relieved! Good luck with yours, too, Ruth!

      Delete
  3. Great writing news! And yay for free repairs and replacements. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...