Monday, April 15, 2013

M is for MUST

   During April, I’m blogging daily as a participant of the 
Blogging from A to Z  April Challenge (with time off on Sundays).
 Stay a minute. Read. Tell me what you think. Thanks for stopping by.


Needs and wants. 
Musts and maybes.
 What is necessary and what is not. 

I wrestle for writing time quite a bit.
 I sacrifice it for grocery shopping, laundry, and yard work all the time. 
What I NEED to do is make writing a MUST everyday instead of a maybe.
 Because writing time is NECESSARY. 

  "Don't expect to 'find' time to write. You MUST hunt it down and wrestle it to the ground."                                                  - children's author Jane Yolen, who has written 300+  books


10 comments:

  1. The trouble is writing time can become extended without realising it - the hours just get lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I work better in the morning, my stomach usually signals it's lunch time. So if I'm in a writing zone in the a.m., I can always count on hunger pains to snap be back to reality!

      Delete
  2. So true, Sally. Good one Dawn...you could call this post a 'Time Saver Post'...with a little editing, that MUST becomes NEED and NECESSARY...there ya go...Letter N done. Now you have more time for laundry and grocery shopping...you're welcome.

    My Letter 'M'...Modern Marvels
    Sue CollectInTexasGal
    AtoZ LoneStar Quilting Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dawn! Normally (another 'n' word!) I hate the word 'must' - it's like 'should', 'ought' etc but in this context it does become must need of necessity!


    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing is definitely a must although it might not seem like it from the outside. I just need some clones or a time stretching machine to take care of everything else for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - we must make time to write!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, that somewhat applies to anything you have to do, you Must take time to do it.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all too true. With all the busyness of each day, it's hard to squeeze writing in, unless we make it a must like all those other things we seem to put first. For me, I just sacrifice sleep. :)

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate. Writing is always the last thing of the day. It's so hard to make it a priority when you have a family. :-)
    from The Dugout

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...