Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for PHOTOS and PIER 39


During April, I’m blogging daily as a participant of the 
Blogging from A to Z in April Challenge (with time off on Sundays).
 Stay a minute. Read. Tell me what you think. Thanks for stopping by.
    
     I'm running behind on my letter 'P' post for today so here's a couple of photos from a San Francisco trip last year at one of my favorite sites - Pier 39. Had it not been 40 degrees on the morning I took the trolley down to the pier, I could have watched these sea lions much longer than I did. 
  
   The bull seemed to be posing for me, giving me profile shot after shot. He'd pause, keeping an eye on me, as if waiting patiently until I took his picture. Then he'd move again, pointing his nose up and freeze. Maybe since I was an audience of one that morning, he took the time to indulge me. Or maybe he was showing off for his lady friend and the youngsters around him.  

    There's a webcam set up at the pier and you can view it here.

9 comments:

  1. What a great picture!! Just looking at all your A-Z topics and I see "eclectic." Looks like that's a great way to sum up your posts this month! ;) Fun stuff.

    Jaimie at Living in the Light
    A to Z Ambassador

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Love your posts.


    Cynthia (The Sock Zone)
    a to z challenge
    blueflute.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great photo. Thanks fir the webcam link too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, lovely photos! That bull really does look likes he's posing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it's a great photo! Glad to have found you.
    Happy A to Zing!
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo and post, thank you (in spite of the heat). Sadly the webcam didn't work on my side ...


    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pics! I recently saw sea lions at our local aquarium. It was so much fun! It was a traveling exhibit so I'm glad I got the chance to see them when I did. :)

    Happy A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite spots in SF too! I had a college roommate who told me my animal self was a sea lion. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super photo! That pose is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...