Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Are You Ready for NaNoWriMo?


     This morning I visited my usual blogs and then ended up at the National Novel Writing Month site. While updating my profile, I saw a related link about a writer who keeps a jar of popsicle stick prompts next to her computer. Each stick posed a question for your character (s). They were great questions to think/write about if you stall at any time during November. I thought I copied the link, but then I copied something else and LOST IT! So if anyone comes across my missing popsicle stick prompt jar article, please forward!
     Since I mentioned the NaNoWriMo profile, does anyone else hesitate to give the title and synopsis of their intended project before you even begin? Sure, I have ideas but they're little inklings of ideas. To me, it's almost like inviting a terminal case of writer's block into my head if I were to commit to a title and summary of a project before it even began. I'm leaving both areas blank for now.
     If you need an inspirational phrase or motto for the month, visit Enchanted Inkpot for a selection of wise words. My favorite: 'When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.' Henry J. Kaiser
     Also, the Spooktacular Giveaway is winding down. The last day to enter giveaways at the participating blogs is Thursday, October 31st. Click on the Spooktacular link in the right sidebar to go to the full list of blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Same thing happen to me! Thought I'd lost the brilliant prep jar idea I stumbled upon last night, but luckily I took a screen cap of it. Here's the link: http://www.apronwarrior.com/2013/10/nano-prep-nano-jar.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...