Saturday, January 11, 2014

Friday Five: Favorite Writing Links from the Week Jan. 5-11

     I can tell it's January by the look of my home office floor. What is it about the new year that makes me want to sort, dump and organize? On my radar at the moment are my writing files which haven't had a good cleaning since, oh, 2002-ish maybe?
     So it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm still punched up from an overly strong cup of coffee that the hubby made me at 8 o'clock with my new coffee press, bless his heart.  I'm taking a short break from my caffeine-powered purging to leave you with some of my favorite links from the week. Enjoy!

Because I'm a big fan of the Positive Trait Thesaurus, Negative Trait Thesaurus, and Emotion Trait Thesaurus series by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi, I loved the article found on their site, Writers Helping Writers about how to cure a cardboard villian;

At Between Fact and Fiction, Natalie Whipple sent a heartfelt apology to those writers she's previously judged;

At Writer Unboxed, Heather Webb explored the four types of character arcs;

At The Creative Penn, Joanna Penn talked dialogue tags with Alythia Brown;

And lastly, for some visual inspiration and a poem, visit Sharon Creech's Words We Say. Her photos are as mesmerizing as her writing.

                            Happy Writing!

4 comments:

  1. I have been doing a ton of organizing and purging, too! So refreshing. :)

    Thanks for sharing the links to the sites we should check out. I can't wait to check them out- especially Sharon Creech's poems and pictures. I love her writing.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new energy this time of year!

    The Friday Five is wonderful. Is this something new you're planning for the year? What a great little round-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no end of great links, is there? Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess: Be warned it's a never-ending task, especially if your files have been neglected for as long as mine!
    Alana: I've done the Friday Five off and on over the last couple years with the idea of it being a consistent post, but it hasn't quite worked out that way.
    Marcia: There are so many that I easily lose a good chunk of my mornings if I'm not careful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...