Friday, February 21, 2014

Celebrating the Small Things: Some Middle-Grade Links, a Book & a Blog Hop

Since a head cold-turned-sinus infection got the best of me, it's been a laying-low kind of week. Here are a few links which caught my attention, so I'll pass them onto you.

Middle grade author Claudia Mills shares her page-a-day method with proven results at Smack Dab in the Middle;

It's the last day of Middle Grade Week at indie author Susan Kaye Quinn's website. Today she's talking about marketing to those tough-to-reach middle-grade readers as an self-published author;

And Author Chris Eboch talks about how to avoid comparing your creative path to other writers at Project Mayhem.

With plenty of couch time, I also finished ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell. I was curious and excited to read this one since it got so much buzz and raves, and I DID enjoy it, but not as much as I'd hoped. It's one of those 'quiet' novels, which is not a bad thing for me because I happen to love those types of books, but the ending seemed a little hurried and didn't ring quite true to me.

I also signed on to participate in Tara Tyler's 'Celebrate the Small Things' Hop to give shout-outs to anyone deserving of love and praise (WHO DOESN'T NEED THAT?) for even the smallest of accomplishments. Want to join me? Click on the badge in the right sidebar.

What am I doing today? Editing, in between periodic checks on the sump pump in the basement. Eighteen inches of rapidly-melting snow is never a good thing for a 100-year-old basement!
                            Enjoy YOUR weekend!


14 comments:

  1. For years, every time I had a cold it morphed into sinusitis. Then I had a couple of sessions with a cranial osteopath and now I'm cured! Still, at least you're using your time wisely. Good luck with the sump pump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sump pump doesn't sound like fun... So glad I don't have a basement. I hope your sinuses clear up. Every time I get a cold it settles in there and it sucks so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, head colds are no fun. Hope you get well soon. Thanks for the links. Chris Eboch's sounds good--off there next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia: I think I'm heading in the direction of getting more specialized help because it's a reoccurring problem for the last 10 years. It's good to know the correct title when I run it by the doctor!
    Kate: It's not fun at all. I constantly weigh the pros and cons of having a basement, and some days would just like to fill it in with cement! But living in Tornado Alley, it does come in handy a few times a year.
    Sharon: Thank you and you're welcome. Enjoy the link-hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining in celebrating ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for the opportunity!

      Delete
  6. Good links.
    I hope your cold and sinus trouble is better soon. It's lousy having to keep checking your basement when you're not feeling well. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for working on editing. I hope you get a lot accomplished and that your sump pump holds out. A flooded basement is a miserable thing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fanny: Thank you! So far, so good with the basement. The deep freeze is coming again so the basement will be safe territory again soon.
    Lexa: Much accomplished the last few days, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Here's the Story" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-sunday-drive_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yipes, hope you're feeling better and that the sump pump can keep up. Unfortunately, our snow is not rapidly melting or even slowly melting. But it will be interesting to see how high the river gets when it finally does. I love all the emphasis on MG in these links. And, yeah, ditto to what you said about E&P.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...