Friday, March 21, 2014

List Mania, Challenges & Giving Thanks


   It's officially Spring Break, I have an empty house (not counting the dog), and my to-do list is quickly hatching sub-lists. One of my top priorities — and there's 23 'top' priorities at this point — is catching up on blog reading and writing. So many of you are writing your A to Z April Challenge posts, and I have been reveling in the theme reveals today. There are some seriously creative posts coming next month - can't wait to be a part of it! 
     Aside from working on the A to Z posts, I've also been beta-reading a really FUN middle-grade fantasy novel. I'm also going over details of my own so-to-be-published middle-grade novel. How many read-throughs is enough? I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that yet; I keep finding things I want to change! And the cover is almost done. I can't wait to show it off! 
      One thing that I'm especially thankful for this week includes this writing community. I'm so happy to to be a part of such a warm, generous, and creative group of people. Today I'm celebrating YOU!

     (This post is brought to you in part by the Celebrate the Small Things blogfest, a weekly adventure courtesy of Viklit's Writing Blog. Check out her blog to see what everyone else is celebrating.)




7 comments:

  1. Ah, I know the pain of the list. I used to only have one "to-do", but now my list has categories! Five of them! And each of those is starting to branch out too. I seem to be busy all week, and even when I make dents in it, more arrives.

    Looks like you're having a fun time of it, though, and that's great! See you in April!

    Alex Hurst, fantasy author in Kyoto, participating in Blogging A-Z April Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am doing my bit as a helper in the A to Z which is not far away now, not sure how that happened. So I will be passing by as we all agonize over the alphabet and say OH NO why did I decide to do this.

    Anyway good luck and I will be back again soon . . . so much to do and no time to do it.

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed today that over 1500 signed up for the A-Z. Having said that I'm now wondering if I read it wrong. That many? No way I'll be able to keep up. Unlike last year, I've only written one post. It will be a real pantser for me. I have a lot going on this year. Sounds like you do, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I came across your blog from the Blogging A to Z Website and I really like your blog! I'm a 'wanna be' writer and embracing my 40s as well as working my way through living and loving and keeping up the laughter with observations about life and all things in between. I'd love
    for you to check out my blog at http://sothisis40-really.blogspot.com.au
    Great writing and site!
    Regards, Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex: I know! I was a one-lister, too. I don't know how or why it started to reproduce!
    Rob: Just visited your blog, and it looks like you're contributing greatly to the Challenge by sharing your art! Keep up the great work, and thanks for stopping by.
    Sharon: Isn't that a huge amount? I think it's drawn more in years past, so I'm sure more will sign up in the next week.
    Jodie: Sounds like a great plan! I'm stopping by in a minute to say 'hi'. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many read throughs is enough? It always seems like there will be just one more, doesn't it! Wishing you all the best as you get your novel ready for publication. I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, it is nice to meet you. I wish I had a empty house so I could work on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...