Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weir Farm: A Writer's Road Trip Series

The Writer's Road Trip Series is brought to you by the Blogging from A-to-Z April Challenge. This month I'm blogging daily about ideal places for an afternoon, weekend or longer stay to focus on your writing. Need a retreat to finish that manuscript? Or maybe a virtual trip to inspire a scene? Take a minute, read, imagine. And thanks for stopping by!
    

     Impressionist painter J. Alden Weir used Weir Farm, near Branchville, CT as his creative retreat in the late 1800s. More than 130 years later, artists and other visitors still go to Weir Farm to celebrate the creative legacy that Mr. Weir started.
     It's a beautifully preserved grounds, and rightly designated as a National Historic Site. Its Artist-in-Residence Program has hosted over 150 artists from all over the U.S., as well as Tunisia, Germany, Australia, and India. Applications are accepted from January to July.
     

4 comments:

  1. What a great theme! I wish I had found you earlier. Nice to meet and follow through atoz http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stone wall, so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love art... artists... I was an art major for a couple of years until I realized I would never make a living doing that...

    Now I am thinking taht I would like to start painting again...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...