Friday, June 13, 2014

Gratitude in the Digital Publishing Age

     The last month has been filled with enough anxiety to fill the entire span of my writing career. And by 'career', I'm reaching all the way back to eighth grade, folks. That's when I first went public with my stories, beyond the gushing remarks of family and teachers.
     What created the monster migraine has been the process of self-publishing. Admittedly, I'm a big baby when it comes to learning new technology. I don't have patience for  HTML, formatting, or even downloading pictures from my camera onto iPhoto. Give me a keyboard and a blank document, show me the cut, paste, and delete  commands, and I'm good to go. All right, I'm exaggerating in a big way here. But, really? I've never been known for my techno-savviness.
     This mini whine leads to a sense of gratitude. I'm immensely thankful for the people who helped me get my debut novel into decipherable shape and out into the world. With their patience and professionalism, they made the experience a not-too-terrible one. Looking back, with clean, pretty digital and print copies uploaded and selling, I might even call it a pleasant one.
     So thank you, Heather at McCorkle Creations, for your design expertise on my cover and promo materials, and Rae at Metamorphosis Books for your endless patience, talent, and advice. You ladies are the BEST!

(This post was inspired by the Celebrate the Small Things Blog Hop, hosted by Scribblings of an Aspiring Writer)



4 comments:

  1. Yay for generous, helpful, tech-savvy people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn! You did it! Don't you feel great? I'm a few steps behind you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Kim! I'm on my way to visit, and see what you're up to!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...