Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Five: Book Favorites for February

Photo credit: Lina Skukauske

     We often hear that publishing is a subjective business. After visiting the Route 19 Writers blog earlier this week to answer questions about some of my favorite passages from my middle-grade novel, BINGO SUMMER, there was clearly a ring of truth to that notion. You can also see what parts of the book left impressions on reviewers Marcy Collier and Dave Amaditz on last Friday's (2/6) post. I purposefully didn't read Dave's and Marcy's post before I listed my personal favorites, even though their review came before mine. Interestingly, our posts didn't share any of the same scenes, further proof that every reader's experience is unique. Thanks, Dave and Marcy, for hosting me!
     I wish I were a faster reader. There are so many titles that I've recently added to The List, books that I will eventually buy or borrow, but which won't be read until I get through the books already waiting on my shelves. January award season kills what progress I've made in reducing the pile. Suddenly - POOF! - it's grown by a dozen books: BROWN GIRL DREAMING; EL DEAFO; Newbery winner CROSSOVER; Printz winners, I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN and GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE; and Sibert winner, THE RIGHT WORD, to name a handful that I've added in the past week.
   
What I'm reading now: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Up next: The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer Holm

What's next on your To-Be-Read list?

4 comments:

  1. I always have too many books to be read! Mainly from fellow bloggers. We shouldn't moan about having too much to read, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, no! I only wish there was more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started Joshua and the Lightning Road and then I have a sequel to read to a series I started. I have about 100 books or more waiting for me to read them and I keep adding books to my list. I read pretty fast, but I just need a little more reading time. I keep getting snowed in- which I thought would help- but there is SO much shoveling to do! Happy reading. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a HUGE reading pile! I thought mine was large. I know what you mean about the snow; that was us last year at this time. By the time snow removal was taken care of, I was too tired to read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...