Saturday, July 1, 2017

Reading, Writing and Prizes

I'm part of the Kindle Book Review's July Author Meet and Greet this month, and one of the sponsors for a fun prize pack for readers. The 'Ultimate Reader Basket includes a 7-Inch Kindle Fire, a $25 Amazon eCard, and a bottle of wine. Go to Kindle Book Review's page where you can enter for your chance to win. Good luck!

In other news, I had the pleasure of taking part in a panel discussion on getting starting in writing and publishing last Saturday. Four authors and an illustrators met with an information-hungry crowd at the Books to Benefit location in Normal, IL, and signed books after the event. The author panel was pretty diverse, representing the horror, children's, spiritual self-help, and mystery genres. A special thanks to Books to Benefit, which with the proceeds of their used book sales, donate to theYouth Build and Star Literacy programs.

Since I'm in between writing projects (actually, not true—just working on two short stories at the moment instead of a longer work), I'm kicking up my reading game. I just finished Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance, and am almost finished with Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman for a library group discussion. I'm also working on The Emotional Craft of Fiction by Donald Maas. Next up: The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen (one of my favorite authors!).

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...