I can remember one vacation two years ago when the five of us read through our stash, and found a great place to restock, Square Books, in Oxford, Mississippi, with three separate store fronts on the historic town square. I love supporting independents, and I'm sure they appreciated the armload of books my daughter brought to the front counter.
Vacation plans this summer include a 10-day trip to Sheridan, Wyoming, with a 20-mile hike to complete over three days. Even though we'll be carrying our own food, clothing, water filters, and sleeping gear, saving room in the backpack for at least ONE book is a given
A tallish stack of books sit on the book shelf in my study now, ready for summer reading. Here's a few:
- See You at Harry's, by Jo Knowles
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, by Tom Angleberger
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library, by Chris Grabenstein
- Dead End in Norvelt, by Jack Gantos
- The Probably Future, by Alice Hoffman
- The Painted Veil, by Somerset Maugham
What's on your Road Trip Reading List this summer?